There are myriad laws and regulations that businesses must comply with to operate legally in the United States. These laws cover a wide range of topics, including employment law, environmental law, product safety law, and tax law. Failure to comply with these laws can result in significant penalties, including fines, imprisonment, and loss of business.
Operating your business legally is not only important to avoid penalties and protect your assets, but It also helps build customer trust and loyalty and gives you a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Enroll now to start your legally compliant business with Emily.
Legal Talks with Emily can help you navigate the legal landscape and launch your business on the right foot. In this series, Emily will discuss the legal requirements for launching a business in three parts.
Launching a Legally Compliant Business Pt 1.
- Select a Legal Entity Structure
- Select a Unique Business Name
- Develop a Business Plan
- Register new business + any IP
- Prepare Governing Documents
Launching a Legally Compliant Business Pt 2.
- Obtain Business Licenses and Permits
- Evaluate Insurance Needs
- Choosing a Business Location
- Financing the Business
Launching a Legally Compliant Business Pt 3.
- Identify Suppliers, Distributors, Logistics Providers, and Customers
- Develop FTC Compliant Advertising and Marketing Strategies