Self-Paced Online Freight Broker Course for those interested in Logistics/ Transportation and the career of Freight Brokering. This course dives into the operational side of the business; contracts, carrier procurement, shipper requirements, understanding rates/quoting , Transportation Management Software. What software is best for your operation? What is EDI and will it be beneficial to your brokerage?
Understanding every student is unique, there are 4 courses to choose from
This course is designed for new interests, current start-up or operational business owners needing guidance.
Students receive a Certificate of Completion upon successful conclusion of the courses.
This course is interactive & self paced with the below lessons :
- What is Freight Brokering?
- What are the Requirements to become a Freight Broker?
- What Steps are needed to become a Freight Broker?
- What is the process of Freight Brokering?
- What information is required of the shipper & carrier?
- Carrier’s Set-up process
- Documents ( Carrier Profile, Broker/Carrier Contract, Carrier Authority, Insurance, W-9)
- Obtaining Carriers
- Rates/Freight Costs/Quoting
- Transportation Management Software- What is it? Why is it required ? What software best benefits your Brokerage?
- Understanding EDI- Electronic Data Interchange
- Included is downloadable checklist for the Student to Complete
- Checklist details step by step instructions to obtaining your Freight Brokerage Authority
There are 3 Quizzes within the course
3 student scheduled aftercare sessions 30- Minutes by phone or video chat
6 months complimentary email consultations with instructor (if needed)
Course must run in Google Chrome.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings