Self-Paced Online Freight Broker Course for those interested in Logistics/ Transportation and the career of Freight Brokering. This course covers the full operation from A-Z. This course is designed to help the student understand operations, customer procurement, carrier retention, invoicing, payment terms, factoring, diverse certifications, government contracts, factoring, TMS, marketing /networking and more. Understanding every student is unique, there are 4 courses to choose from
This is the FULL COURSE.
This course is designed for new interests, current start-up or operational business owners needing guidance
Students receive a Certificate of Completion upon successful conclusion of the courses.
This course is interactive & self paced with the below lessons :
- What is Freight Brokering?
- What are the Requirements to come a Freight Broker?
- What Steps are needed to become a Freight Broker?
- What is the process is Freight Brokering?
- What information is required of shipper & carrier?
- Carrier’s Set-up process
- Documents ( Carrier Profile, Broker/Carrier Contract,Carrier Authority, Insurance, W-9)
- Obtaining Carriers
- Rates/Freight Costs/Quoting
- Transportation Management Software- What is it? Why is it required ? What software best benefit your Brokerage?
- Certifications- DBE, MBE,WBE, WOSB, VOBE
- Government Contracts
- Factoring/Carrier-Customer Payments
- Included is downloadable checklist for the student to complete
- Checklist details step by step instructions to obtaining your Freight Brokerage Authority
- Included is downloadable terms and definitions for the student to reference
There are 3 Quizzes within the course
3 Student Scheduled aftercare sessions 30- Minutes by phone or video chat
6 months email consultations with instructor (if needed)
0.00 average based on 0 ratings